Submitted by David Inloes
About the cook: I am a retired Broadway dancer who learned to love food during my travel through out the world. I am a self taught amateur home cook who love to enter the occasional cooking contest. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
About the dish: This is a flavorful vegetarian dish that is also heart healthy. Filled with grains, and nuts this low fat dish will satisfy everyone. Enjoy!
National Origin: International
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
2 ¼ cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
1 Celery Stalk, chopped
¼ cup Red Onion, diced
½ cup Mung Beans, dry
½ cup Whole Grain Quinoa, rinsed
1/3 cup Golden Currents
1 teaspoon Italian Parsley, minced
½ teaspoon Thyme, minced
1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 medium Carrots, roasted and chopped
20 Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup Roasted Pistachio Nuts, unsalted
2 ounces Non-fat Feta, crumbled
¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
3 ½ Avocados
2 ounces Non-fat Greek Yogurt
½ teaspoon Sriracha
3 cups Radicchio, shredded
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
1. In a small sauce pan set over medium high heat, bring the vegetable stock, celery, onion, and mung beans to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes; uncovered. Stir in the quinoa, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the currents, parsley and thyme; cover and let sit 5-8 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the bean mixture, red pepper, carrot, tomato, pistachio nuts and feta; season with pepper.
4. Halve, pit and peel 3 avocados and place them, flat side up, in a shallow baking dish. Spoon ¾ cup of the bean mixture onto each of the avocados halves, allowing mixture to spill over sides. Bake for 15 minutes
5. While the stuffed avocados cook, mix together the remaining half avocado, yogurt and sriracha in a small food processer. Slowly add cold water to mixture until it is thin enough to drizzle.
6. Divide the radicchio amongst 6 plates, top with a stuffed avocado, drizzle with crèma and lemon juice. Serve.