Submitted by Shruti Thombre
About the cook: I am a chef from India who loves exploring new recipes everyday.Instead of eating regular food I prefer to add in some taste. Hope you like my recipes.
About the dish: This recipe is, "A perfect innovative fulfilling meal", This was handed down to me by my mother.
National Origin: Indian
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1 cup of chopped capsicum
1 cup of sliced cabbage,
1 cup of chopped carrots,
1 ½ tbsp ginger and Green Chilly Paste
1tsp black pepper powder
2 tsp Red Chilly powder
½ tsp Asafetida
Add salt as per taste
1 cup Gram Flour
¼ cup Semolina,
1/3 cup curd,
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ cup Chopped Coriander
4 slices of bread
Butter as per needs
Olives as per needed.
1 cup grated cheese
Oil as per requirements
• In a bowl, add the chopped ingredients namely tomatoes, capsicum, cabbage, carrots and the ginger green chilly paste. Then add the black pepper powder, Red Chilly powder 1 tsp, Asafetida, cheese and salt as per taste. You can also add ¼ cup chopped beetroot if you want. Mix Well.
• In another bowl, add the Gram Flour, Semolina, curd, turmeric powder, coriander, and salt as per taste. Now add 2 -3 cups of water and whisk it to avoid lumps. Mix well
• Now take a slice of bread, dip it into the Gram flour batter and coat it with the batter nicely from all sides.
• Now add 1 tsp oil on a pan and spread it all over the pan.
• Keep the batter coated bread on the pan.
• Add the chopped ingredients mixture on the bread and spread it evenly and cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute. Then add the batter of gram flour spread it evenly on top and turn the sandwich upside down on the pan. Keep it in that position for 2 mins. Add butter on the top and again turn it upside down. Check whether its properly cooked on both the sides. And remove it on a serving plate.
• Roast olives in another pan. Now add them on the sandwich. You can eat it with a mint dip or some Tomato sauce.