Joshua’s Baked Beans
Submitted by Joshua Stahl
About the cook: I am in Culinary school learning to be a Chef.
About the dish: Spicy bake beans that are a family favorite for any Barbecue.
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: 1 to 2 Hours
2 15.5oz Cans Navy Beans
3 Strips of Bacon, Diced
½ Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
2 Tbps Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Cup Molasses
½ Cup Dark Brow Sugar
¼ Cup Honey
½ Cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Ketchup
2 Teaspoons Yellow Mustard
Option Topping For Bake Beans
2 Slices of Bacon Halved
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Pour navy beans into medium stockpot.
3. In a medium nonstick sauté pan, add diced bacon, diced onion, and garlic. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Remover from heat drain and then add to beans.
4. In a medium bowl add Worcestershire sauce, molasses, dark brown sugar, honey, Sriracha hot chili sauce ketchup, and yellow mustard. Wisk together well, then add to the beans, and mix well.
5. If you want you can add the optional bacon halves to the top of the beans and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Cover, place in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes. Then increase temperature to 425 for 10 minute to crisp the bacon. Remove from the oven when done and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
One thought on “Joshua’s Baked Beans”
Had the opportunity to eat some these and found them to be delicious, could have eaten as a main course.