Submitted by Alex Kim
About the cook: Los Angeles born and raised; Korean-American; Lover of all things green and fresh; Amateur cook 🙂
About the dish: Light and refreshing, this watermelon salad is a family favorite of ours and a recipe that's been developed over a few years. A new way of enjoying everyone's favorite summer fruit!
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1 half Watermelon
1 half Red Onion
2 oz Hazelnuts
3 oz EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
3 oz Mint
3oz Feta Cheese, grated
1 Teaspoon Sugar
.5 Teaspoon Salt
1. Scoop out balls of watermelon using a spoon or an ice cream scooper. Set aside in a bowl in the freezer to chill.
2. Thinly slice red onion and add to a cold water bath to chill.
3. Slice lime in half and juice it using a spoon
4. Set aside a few leaves of mint as garnish and chop the rest. Add to lime juice.
5. Combine Mint-Lime Juice with Sugar & Salt and whisk together with EVOO to make dressing.
6. Toss watermelon in the dressing and plate.
7. Garnish with hazelnuts, red onions & feta cheese.