Submitted by Jed Goss
About the cook: Jed Goss is a happy go lucky guy who works as an activities aide. He lives in PA and loves veggies. Jed is almost a complete vegan. Eggs are okay with him sometimes.
About the dish: Living alone can be hard when cooking. Made this recipe to use up some left over tortillas and ended up with the perfect amount.
National Origin: Polish
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1/2 Small Yellow Squash (Not Butternut)
2 6 inch Whole Wheat Tortillas
1/4 cup vegan cheese (or regular)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Start by slicing half of the squash into quarter inch slices like a cucumber.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of Olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
3. Once oil is hot, sautee the squash until it is almost see through and semi floppy. season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove squash, and add another tbsp of oil to the same skillet. Place one tortilla in the skillet and top with squash followed by the cheese.
5. Place other tortilla on top and cook on low until both sides are browned. Cook times very, so keep an eye on when to flip.
6. Once the cheese is melted and the tortilla in browned, place on a serving dish and let cool 3 min.
7. Cut into quarters and serve.
Note: 2 people can share, but I ended up eating the whole thing myself! This dish can be made spicy for mexican night simply by adding pepper jack cheese.