Submitted by Brittany Furbee
About the cook: Brittany Furbee is a competitive home chef from West Virginia. Despite having no professional training, she has been crowned the winner of a Food Network show and now hosts her very own live cooking show on Twitch.
About the dish: This BBQ picnic inspired sandwich encompasses both the main dish and sides all in one tasty bite. Be sure to bring these fun handheld snacks to your next summer event to impress the crowd!
National Origin: United States
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 Large Eggs
¼ cup BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp. Ranch Dressing
2 cups All Purpose Flour
½ cup Corn Starch
4 cups. Vegetable Oil
3 Russet Potato’s
½ lb. Center Cut Bacon
½ cup. Bleu Cheese Dressing
1 tbsp. Lemon Zest
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
Spring Mix Greens
1. Place chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet pound chicken until the cutlets are about ½ inch thick. Cut the chicken into slider sized cutlets and set aside.
2. Set up a dredging station for the chicken. In large bowl whisk 3 eggs. Value Brown Sugar and Bourbon BBQ Sauce and Ranch Dressing and combine well. In another bowl combine flour, corn starch, and a generous amount of salt, garlic salt, and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large pot on the stove top over medium high heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Dip the chicken cutlets in the egg BBQ sauce mixture and then into the flour mixture. Repeat once for an extra thick crispy crust on the chicken.
5. Add a few pieces of chicken to the pot at a time. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Bacon Bleu Cheese Potato Salad:
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add bacon to a foil wrapped baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Chop bacon and set aside.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on the stove top. Peel and chop russet potatoes into bite sized pieces and add them to the boiling water. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender enough for a fork to go through the potatoes then drain and set aside.
8. In a large bowl, combine bleu cheese dressing, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and a generous amount of salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add potatoes, bacon and parsley to the bleu cheese mixture and combine. This potato salad is best served warm.
10. In a skillet over medium heat add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place slider buns face down in the skillet and cook until golden brown.
11. Place fried chicken cutlet on toasted slider bun with a small amount of spring mix. Add a heaping scoop of bacon bleu cheese potato salad, drizzle with extra BBQ Sauce and enjoy!