Submitted by Yoshiharu Sogi
About the cook: I have 35 years of experience in the food and hospitality industry. I received culinary training at culinary school in Japan and France. After I graduated school, I trained at restaurant in Lyon, France rated one star of Michelin Guide and fine dining restaurant in Tokyo. In 2001 I was certified wine diploma from Japan Sommeliers Association and Society of Wine Educators of America. After that, currently I live in California from 2002. I worked in Japanese restaurant, American Italian restaurant, Resort hotel, Seafood restaurant, Country club restaurant and Wine and Food Pairing restaurant.
About the dish: This Caprese does not use fresh tomato.
National Origin: Italian
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
2 each Avocados
1 cup Strawberry
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
4 each Kiwis
1 each Lemon
1 teaspoon Basil
1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
1 teaspoon Honey
4 oz Tomato Puree fresh or can either
Salt and Ground Pepper for season
1. Prepare medium size mixing bowl, cut strawberry and mozzarella cheese into same size small dice then put into bowl.
2. Add avocado oil, season with salt and pepper lightly then toss gently. After tossing, chopped Basil and add into bowl, toss lightly.
3. Peel lemon zest to make julienne, squeeze juice and save in container for tomato puree.
4. Prepare another small mixing bowl and place tomato puree. Add lemon juice and honey then stir with whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Prepare serving plates, Cut kiwis into small dice same size as strawberry and cheese. Dress in the middle of plate like circle then pour tomato puree into kiwi circle. Place strawberry and cheese dice on tomato puree. Peel and slice Avocado then top on salad. Put lemon zest on avocado.