Submitted by Chandni Patel
About the cook: Hello! I’m Chandni! Growing up, my Mom and I used to spend our free time together baking and cooking different types of vegetarian cuisines from all over the world. (That’s right, I’ve been a vegetarian my ENTIRE life!). Even though I’m a data analyst by day, I’ll always be a food enthusiast by night.
About the dish: This Brie and Fig jam stuffed French Toast is a delicious breakfast. The rich and creamy goat brie cheese I found at Trader Joe’s compliments the sweet fig jam on cinnamon bread. I love how the melted brie oozes out the sides of the French Toast sandwich. The best part is that this takes less than 30 minutes to make! Top the French Toast with honey, fig jam, and powdered sugar and enjoy!
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
12 slices of cinnamon bread
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp fig jam
6 slices goat milk brie rind removed
1. In a shallow bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together.
2. Spread the 1 tbsp fig jam on one slice of bread, and place 1 slice brie on another and make sandwiches.
3. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture (make sure to coat both slices of bread).
4. Heat a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Spray with coconut oil and cook both sides of sandwich until golden brown.
5. Top with powdered sugar and fig jam.