Tres Leches Cake
Submitted by MARTHA LEMUS
About the cook: I am a passionate baker, home cook and single Mother of four kids.
About the dish: Traditional Mexican Cake soaked in 3 different kids of milk and covered with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
National Origin: Mexican
Estimated Time: 1 to 2 Hours
Butter- 8 oz
Sugar- 16 oz
Vanilla- 1 Tsp
All Purpose Flour- 14 oz
Salt- 1 Tsp
Baking Powder- 1 Tblsp
3 Leches Mix
Condensed Milk- 1 can (12 oz)
Evaporated Milk- 1 can (14 oz)
Whole Milk- 1 2/3 Cups
Whip Cream- 2 Cups
Powder Sugar- 4 Tblsp
Vanilla Paste-2 Tsp
1.Cream room temperature butter with the granulated sugar for up to 2 minutes a medium speed.
1. Add eggs and vanilla slowly and scrape sides half way and at the end. mix for 30 seconds after all in.
3. Sift Flour, salt and Baking Powder.
4. Incorporate half of the flour mix in the egg butter mix.
5. Add the rest of the flour and mix until all is well incorporated.
5. Place the cake mix in a previously prepared cake pan ( sprayed with pan spray and dusted with flour)
6. Bake at 350 for about 20- 25 min. until golden brown or until you insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean.
7. Let it cook, unmold and set in a deep dish or in a clean cake pan.
8. Pock the cake with a fork.
9. Combine all milks well and soak the cake with the mix. Use all of it.
10. in a cold bowl whip cream to a very soft peek. Add sugar and vanilla and whip until you have stiff peeks. Do not over whip.
11. Cover the cake with the whipped cream and decorate with berry or sliced fruit.
12. place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.