Submitted by Yoshiharu Sogi
About the cook: I am living, working in beautiful wine country Sonoma, California. I have moved from Tokyo, Japan to work in the wine country. I love all about wine and food that is why I decided to come here. My food inspiration is always with wine.
About the dish: My favorite for summer picnic in wine country. Good for potluck party or catering as well.
National Origin: Japan
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
8 oz Fresh Tuna, sushi grade
4 oz Sliced Smoked salmon
1 each Avocado, peeled and sliced
1 and ½ tablespoon Green Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
2 oz Cucumber, julienne
8 slices Rye bread
4-1 ounce sliced Cheddar cheese
4-1 ounce sliced Swiss cheese
1 oz Sriracha sauce
1 oz Ketchup
1 oz Mayonnaise
4 tablespoons Sour cream
3 tablespoons Butter
1. Prepare medium size mixing bowl. Combine sriracha, ketchup and mayonnaise with whisk then add green onion and cilantro. Cut tuna to small dice, add into bowl then mix with spatula.
2. Cut bread crust off. Spread plastic wrap film on table roughly 10 inches by 10 inches then place sliced bread oblong lengthwise.
3. Spread sour cream on bread, place sliced cheese, smoked salmon then spread tuna mixture. Place cucumber and avocado then roll up with plastic wrap like sushi roll. Twist both side end of roll to hold shape few minutes. Make 4 rolls with Cheddar cheese, another 4 rolls with Swiss cheese total.
4. Prepare medium size skillet or frying pan, set on medium low heat. Melt butter then toast rolls gently until all surface light brown and cheese melt to rotate it occasionally.
5. Take out from pan and remove extra butter with paper towel. Cut roll into 3 pieces, assorted Cheddar and Swiss cheese on plate to serve.