Submitted by Larisa Hately
About the cook: I love to experiment with different cuisines and create knew recipes by combining different flavors. I am originally from Puerto Rico and use my knowledge of the puertorrican cuisine to try and incorporate it in many of my recipes for bold and unique flavors.
About the dish: I have always loved risotto. As I learned to make it, I started experimenting with different flavors and created my own risotto recipes.
National Origin: Italian
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
3 1/2 Cups Water
5.5 oz Can V8 Juice
1 1/2 C Lobster Meat
4 Tbsp. Butter (separated)
1 Small yellow onion, diced
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 C Arborio Rice
1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 /2 C Dry white wine
1 C Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1. In a medium pan add 1 Tbsp. butter.
2. Add 1 garlic clove, sauté for about a minute on medium to low heat.
3. Add lobster meat to the pan, set aside when done.
4. In a medium saucepan combine water and V8 juice and bring it to a simmer and set aside.
5. In a large heavy pot, melt the rest of the butter over medium heat.
6. Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Add the rest of the garlic and cook for another minute
8. Add the Arborio rice an stir to coat with the melted butter.
9. Add tomato pasted and stir.
10. Add white wine and continue to stir until it is almost all absorbed, about 2 – 3 minutes.
11. Add 1/2 C of simmering V8 juice and water mixture to the rice and stir until absorbed.
12. Repeat step 11 until mixture has been used in it’s entirety and rice is creamy and tender, but still firm and not mushy, about 20 minutes.
13. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, stir until combined and melted.
1. Chop lobster into bite sized pieces and gently stir into rice.