Submitted by Chrissie McGiveran
About the cook: My name is Chrissie McGiveran. I am a self-taught home cook from the Bay Area. I am married to my wonderful husband, and together we have two young children (Ryan 3.5 and Julianne almost 2). I enjoy both cooking and baking and spend much of my free time perfecting recipes and creating new ones. I also enjoy hosting parties, visiting our local farmers market, and gardening. I hope you enjoy my recipe!
About the dish: I make this often for my family. It is a lighter version, while having all the comforting flavors of a traditional chicken parmesan recipe.
National Origin: Italian
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1 Pound Chicken Tenders
Breading lineup- whisked eggs, Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs
1/2 Jar Marinara sauce
1. Prepare skillet on medium heat with olive oil.
2. Bread the chicken tenders, and place them in the skillet once hot. Cook about 1.5 min -2 min on each side.
3. Pour half jar of marinara around the chicken. Place a basil leaf on each chicken piece & Parmesan.
4. Turn heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes with the lid on.
5. Serve with fresh basil and garlic bread and/or a light salad. Serves 3-4. Enjoy!