Submitted by Laura Narbut
About the cook: My name is Laura and I've been married for 10 years this Oct. My husband and I live in Michigan with our 2 rescue fur-baby's; Diesel & Bear. I come from a large Polish family that love to cook and eat and have learned most of my cooking skills/style from watching others. I enjoy cooking for family, friends, and my fur-baby's too! I like to spend time cooking or creating new recipes, walking my dogs at nature parks, and am also a certified canine massage therapist. Hope you enjoy my recipe!
About the dish: Easy and delicious! High notes of fresh lemon mixed with large fresh shrimp, chardonnay and shallots make this recipe a perfect pair to steak or chicken or by eat by itself! This recipe also makes a great topper to pasta with some grilled asparagus!
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1lb. 16/20 raw shrimp; peeled & de-veined
2 shallots diced
2 garlic cloves minced
4 tbsp. Chardonnay (use a brand you like to drink)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Butter (salted)
Fresh Ground Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1) In a large skillet over med-high heat, warm olive oil and butter.
2) Once butter is melted add shallots & garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Add a couple turns of salt & pepper to shallots and garlic.
3) Add shrimp to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp about 4 min per side until pink. Remove shrimp and set aside in serving dish.
4) Add chardonnay and de-glaze for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add lemon juice and zest (use strainer to pour juice to collect seeds) Stir well. Add a couple more turns of salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6) Pour sauce over shrimp. Top it off with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and serve (pictured)
OR: Top off some pasta (I used cappellini) and garnish with some sliced lemons. Grill up some asparagus in the same pan (without cleaning) used to cook shrimp & sauce. Add a little more olive oil and salt & pepper to asparagus and cook until tender to serve with the Lemon Shrimp Scampi Pasta!