Lemon Shrimp Scampi
Submitted by Laura Narbut
About the cook: My name is Laura and I've been married for 10 years this Oct. My husband and I live in Michigan with our 2 rescue fur-baby's; Diesel & Bear. I come from a large Polish family that love to cook and eat and have learned most of my cooking skills/style from watching others. I enjoy cooking for family, friends, and my fur-baby's too! I like to spend time cooking or creating new recipes, walking my dogs at nature parks, and am also a certified canine massage therapist. Hope you enjoy my recipe!
About the dish: Easy and delicious! High notes of fresh lemon mixed with large fresh shrimp, chardonnay and shallots make this recipe a perfect pair to steak or chicken or by eat by itself! This recipe also makes a great topper to pasta with some grilled asparagus!
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1lb. 16/20 raw shrimp; peeled & de-veined
2 shallots diced
2 garlic cloves minced
4 tbsp. Chardonnay (use a brand you like to drink)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Butter (salted)
Fresh Ground Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1) In a large skillet over med-high heat, warm olive oil and butter.
2) Once butter is melted add shallots & garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Add a couple turns of salt & pepper to shallots and garlic.
3) Add shrimp to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp about 4 min per side until pink. Remove shrimp and set aside in serving dish.
4) Add chardonnay and de-glaze for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add lemon juice and zest (use strainer to pour juice to collect seeds) Stir well. Add a couple more turns of salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6) Pour sauce over shrimp. Top it off with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and serve (pictured)
OR: Top off some pasta (I used cappellini) and garnish with some sliced lemons. Grill up some asparagus in the same pan (without cleaning) used to cook shrimp & sauce. Add a little more olive oil and salt & pepper to asparagus and cook until tender to serve with the Lemon Shrimp Scampi Pasta!
One thought on “Lemon Shrimp Scampi”
Laura made this dish for me and it was absolutely delicious! It was actually easy and fun to prepare. Brought home a sample for my mom to taste and she loved it. Highly recommend this dish for everyone to try. Perfect for a hot summer day. 5 stars.