Submitted by Shannon Mensah
About the cook: My name is Shannon and I'm a vegan home cook and nutrition student. I've been cooking since I was a little girl but recently made the transition to veganism two years ago for health reasons. Becoming a vegan was one of the best moral, environmental and health decisions I've ever made. I hope to bring plant based food to everyone and show people that there is a healthier alternative to the food they already love!
About the dish: A vegan take on the classic crab cake. Made with oyster mushrooms which mimic the texture of crab meat.
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: 1 to 2 Hours
1 pack of oyster mushrooms
2/3 cups chickpea flour
1/3 cup cornflake breadcrumbs (optional)
2-3 tbsp fish seasoning
1 sheet shredded nori (use blender or herb grinder)
1 tbsp veganaise or vegan honey mustard 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth.
2. Using two forks, shred mushrooms.
3. In a large bowl, combine shredded mushrooms, oil, flour, nori and spice blend.
4. Form into patties and place on a lined baking sheet.
5. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Brush patties with oil on both sides.
7. Bake on 375 for 20 minutes or fry on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or airfry on 375 for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with cilantro and lime.