Joyful Romantic Truffle Oil Porkchops
Submitted by Shirley Huang
About the cook: Hello everyone! My name is Shirley and food is my passion. I have never felt more like myself than being in the kitchen! I love food in every way, whether it’s smelling amazing food from miles away or seeing beautiful playing to actually cooking myself and having people appreciate and enjoy my food. I have found that food can bring people happiness just like how food cheers me up! I now want to use food and being happiness to not only my family and friends but people around the world!
About the dish: A Romantic dish for a date night with a loved one. Simple and easy but brings a spark to a romantic candlelight dinner night that you can do at home!
National Origin: French
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
2 Boneless 1in. Pork chops
2 Breakfast Hashbrowns
2 Ounces Arugula
1Baby Red Bell pepper
1Baby Yellow Bell pepper
1Baby Orange Bell pepper
2 Teaspoon Truffle oil of your choice or olive oil for personal preference!
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon salt (Each Pork Chop)
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper (Each Pork Chop)
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika (Each Pork Chop)
2 Tablespoon White Wine of your choice
1) Take the Pork Chops out of the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to have the meat at room temperature for an even cook. (Touch the pork chops to ensure it is at room temperature, fail to do so may cause raw center)
2) After checking the Pork chops at room temperature, season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika.
3) Sear the Pork Chops on all sides with the butter and Truffle oil until golden brown. Add white wine and cover the lid) (Approximately 2 minutes each side of the meat , 1 minute each on the the border of the Pork Chops.
4) Take the Pork Chops out and place it it in the oven and turn on 22 minutes. YOU ARE RIGHT, (22) minutes because most recipes say it’s a certain time and it’s either undercooked or overcooked. Flip in after 11 minute. If you feel unsure because the size of the Pork chops, use a thermometer and check the center for a 145 Degrees.
5) Place aside for it to rest for 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the Pork Chop.
6) While waiting for the Pork Chops, break apart the Hashbrowns and stir fry and shape accordingly.
7) When your mashed hashbrowns is In shape, start playing your Arugula salad on the side, slice up the bell peppers and radish and sprinkle on top and plate it accordingly to your style.
7) Slice up the pork and plate.
8) Enjoy with the white wine you used or celebrate with you romantic one with some BUBBLES!!!