Submitted by Chris Bugher
About the cook: I love cooking for everyone, friends, neighbors and family. I am always trying new recipes, from simple recipes I find online or magazines to ideas I have created myself.
About the dish: A great take on classic Mediterranean flavors.
National Origin: Mediterranean
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
32 oz. canned Chickpeas, liquid reserved
2 oz. Tahini
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 tbs. Olive Oil
2 tbs. Cumin
2 Lemon, zested, juiced
1 Pickling Cucumber, small dice
½ Red Onion, small dice
½ cup Dried Apricot, small dice
3 tbs. Fresh Mint
2 oz. Honey
1 Jalapeno, sliced thin
6 oz. Rice Vinegar
1 oz. Harissa Paste
12 oz. Lamb Chops
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Puree 16 oz. chickpeas, tahini, 1 garlic clove, 2 tbs. olive oil, 1 tbs. cumin, and juice/zest from 1 lemon.
1. In a small bowl combine cucumber, red onion, apricot, 2 tbs. mint, and 1 oz. honey.
2. In a small bowl combine 16 oz. chickpeas, 1 garlic clove, jalapeno, ½ lemon juiced/zested, 1 tsp. cumin, rice vinegar, and 1 oz. honey.
1. Season lamb with salt and pepper.
2. Rub harissa paste on lamb and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a sauté pan on medium high and oil pan.
4. Cook lamb until medium rare, remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes.
5. Slice and reserve.
Aquafaba Tzatziki Meringue:
1. In a stand mixer add reserved chickpea liquid, 1 garlic clove, 2 tsp. cumin, and ½ lemon juiced/zest.
2. Mix on high until a meringue is formed.