Blueberry Maple Golden Crumble
Submitted by Luzviminda Gunter-Smith
About the cook: I find enjoyment experimenting in cooking and baking, creating unusual recipes for my family. You can find me in the kitchen making a mess creating a recipe using my finest found ingredients. I won several cooking and creative recipe challenges like the “Home Cook Hero & Baker of the Month.” I also have some recipes that’s won an award and have been published.
About the dish: In this dessert, maple syrup is the secret ingredient, eh simply Canadian. Freshly baked blueberries, topped with oats ... oh that crunch in every bite, so yummy and tasty that you will want more.
National Origin: Canadian
Estimated Time: 1 to 2 Hours
Blueberry Maple filling Ingredients:
2 ½ cups (625 ml) fresh blueberries
1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
2 tbsp. (30 ml) flour
1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
The crumble ingredients:
1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup (125 ml) dark brown sugar
3 tbsp. (30 ml) Maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Prepare the Blueberry filling: In large bowl, mixed the blueberries with the brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, maple syrup and salt. Transfer the berries to the pie plate.
4. Prepare the crumble: In a medium bowl, mixed together the flour, oats, brown sugar, Golden Syrup, and vanilla. Add the butter until well combined. Crumble the topping over the berries in large clumps.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes until bubbly and the crumble is golden brown.
Serve it with your favorite ice cream or custard