Submitted by Karri Sauve
About the cook: I am an ameture home baker.
About the dish: A family favorite. Makes about 20 gooey chocolate balls.
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
4.75 ounces salted butter
0.5 cups cocoa powder (plus 1 tablespoon) unsweetened, plus extra for sprinkling
1.75 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs lightly whisked
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line the bottom of a 7-9 inch (see note below) springform cake pan with a circle of baking paper, then grease the paper and the sides of the pan.
2) Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, then take off the heat and set aside.
3) Add the cocoa, sugar, and vanilla to the butter and stir a little. Then add the eggs and stir everything together until well combined.
4) Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is set but the centre is still gooey (the top should be firm but crack under a little pressure from your finger).
5) let it cool then roll into small sized balls and too with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.