Submitted by Suzanne Mary Katko Katko
About the cook: I'm a middle aged women who enjoys creating dessert recipes, and has entered several into the new York State Fair culinary competitions (for over thirty years). It's so rewarding to receive appreciation and complements from a delicious dessert.
About the dish: I first made this last Christmas. I wanted to combine the trendy flavors of sweet and salty. They're very rich, but you can't just eat one!
National Origin: United States
Estimated Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
2 cups Ruffles’ potato chips ½ cup brown sugar
1 cup Fritos corn chips ½ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup salted peanuts 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
DIRECTIONS FOR COMBINING INGREDIENTS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 13” X 9” pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
3. Place Fritos in food chopper and pulse to break, but not pulverize.
4. Add potato chips, and do the same.
5. Dump Fritos, potato chips and peanuts into pan and spread evenly.
6. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
7. Stir in brown sugar.
8. Bring mixture to a boil, and boil for 1 minute.
9. Pour evenly over Frito/chip/ peanut mixture and bake for 8 minutes.
10. Remove pan from oven, and immediately dollop peanut butter over the mixture, and then sprinkle the chocolate chips in.
11. Spread with a knife so that the peanut butter and chocolate chips mingle.
12. Cool on a rack to room temperature.
13. Refrigerate, and break into pieces when ready to eat.