Al Pastor Tacos
Submitted by Alex Bueno
About the cook: With a passion for cooking and a love for Mexican food, Al Pastor has always been one of my favorite tacos around. I wanted to mimic the common taco al pastor found spinning on a spit on the streets of Mexico. This recipe is simple and and is filled with flavor as you get the meat and pineapple. I love sharing my food with friends and family and I believe food is a great way to bring everyone together.
About the dish: This recipe was made to mimic the common al pastor found at many taco stands. This recipe brings out the wonderful chipotle and pineapple flavor of this common dish.
National Origin: Mexican
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
1-1½ lbs pork
8 oz can of pineapple tidbits
3 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 4 oz)
3 cloves of garlic
8 Corn tortillas
3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Cut pork into ½ inch cubes
2. In a blender, mix chipotle peppers, only the juice from the can of pineapples, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and 3 garlic cloves. Blend until chipotle peppers form a sauce.
3. In a bowl, mix cubed pork, pineapple tidbits and blended sauce.
4. Heat cast iron pan on high heat. Add cooking oil. Once hot add marinated meat to pan and cook. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until meat has browned and any liquid has evaporated. (Cooking times may vary)
5. Warm tortillas on cast iron skillet or your preferred method.
6. Make tacos with tortillas, venison, cilantro, onion and your favorite salsa. Enjoy!