Submitted by Maria Haske-flores
About the cook: I am a home cook that has taught myself all I know and live to cook eclectic meals. I created this quick, easy and healthy recipe using roasted mushrooms and honey. I want to share my recipes and teach other home cooks that it's okay to step out of your wheelhouse.
About the dish: This is a recipe I created. It's great as an appetizer to wow your guests, just as a snack or a side to dinner. Pan roasted mushrooms meet lovely burrata cheese and amber honey. You cannot lose.
National Origin: American
Estimated Time: Under 30 Minutes
8 ounces burrata cheese
1 garlic clove
4 sprigs of thyme plus more for garnish
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
16 ounces of crimini mushrooms
Honey to drizzle. Preferably a honey that's amber in color. About 1 tbsp or to taste.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2)Slice baguette into 12 pieces, 1/4 inch thick and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until they are nice and crisp
3)Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms clean then slice them
4)Warm pan over medium high heat ( preferably cast iron). Add butter and olive oil in a pan, once melted, add sliced mushrooms and coat them well in the oil. Spread them out with a wood spoon in the pan so they can sear/carmelize. About 5 minutes each side. If your pan is small, you can do this in 2 batches.
5) Towards the end of carmelizing the mushrooms, add 4 sprigs of thyme by holding them over the pan and using your thumb and index finger and gently running it down the stems, removing the leaves Add salt. Mix gently to combine.
6) Slice garlic clove in half and rub onto the warm bread slices from the oven
7) Slice burrata cheese into 12 pieces and place them on top of bread slices
8) Top with roasted mushrooms
9) Drizzle with amber honey
10) Serve or eat them all by yourself 😉